How to Keep the Cervical Spine Pain Free:
- Stretch your upper back frequently. Shrug your shoulders and rotate your neck after prolonged periods of sitting.
- Adjust your seating arrangements for maximum comfort. For a work environment, keep the computer screen at eye level, Keep your knees below your hips, your arms on the armrests, and avoid hunching over in your seat.
- Do not sleep on your stomach. Sleep on your back as much as possible, and use a pillow suited to the curve of your neck.
- Maintain a healthy weight with diet and exercise. Obesity can aggravate spinal problems.
- Apply light heat ( such as a hot towel ) or massage oil if there is pain in the cervical spine. This can help relieve discomfort.
- Consult a physician if pain persists. He may prescribe medication to help manage the pain. Drugs commonly prescribed for cervical pain include steroids, anti-inflammatory medications, muscle relaxants and anti-depressants ( in case of pain-related depression).
- Examine alternative treatments if general medical treatment is unsatisfactory. Options include physical therapy, acupuncture and chiropractic care.
How to Cure Neck Pain:
Use a heat pack, for your neck:
- Try using a heat pack to loosen up and heal your neck pains. Many times neck pains are caused, because the neck is too stiff. The heat pack will help to increase blood flow in your neck, and unstiffen muscles that are "cold".
Hire a message therapist:
- Get a neck message, from a professional masseuse. They will charge a good amount of money, but it will be worth it if you can afford it.
- Do neck stretch exercises in the morning, before you start your day. Your neck will not have pains it, once you make this a daily practice.
- 1 x Health Care Soft Cervical Spine Traction Massager